The exclusive place of jurisdiction for disputes arising from the Use of Terms is the court of Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
The General Data Protection Regulation.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow the GDPR standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us.
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process personal information about you. To request this information please contact us.
In addition, you will have the following rights:
- Right of erasure: You have a right to erasure of personal information that we hold about you – for example, if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to request that CSNC stop processing your personal information and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal information in a commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal information to another data controller without hindrance.
To make a request to have personal information maintained by us returned to you or removed, please contact us. Requests to access, change, or remove your information will be handled within thirty (30) days.
If you would like to exercise such rights, please contact us. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
What kinds of information do we collect?
Information you provide
We collect the following information you provide us with directly:
- a. Your name;
- b. Your address;
- c. Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an VHL B.V. account;
- d. Profile information that you provide for your user profile;
- e. Communications between you and VHL B.V. (e.g., we may send you Service-related emails);
- f. Your ip address
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact form submissions are used for customer service purposes only and not for marketing purposes. The following data will be stored for as long as necessary:
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Log file information
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service. This log file information may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Analytics services (non-personally identifiable information only)
Who we share your data with
We share data with the following third parties:
- Google Analytics (Analytics service) https://policies.google.com/privacy/update
- Mailchimp (Marketing tool) https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Paypal (Payment processor) https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Stripe (Payment processor) https://stripe.com/us/privacy/
- iDeal (Payment processor) https://www.ideal.nl/disclaimer-privacy/
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How do we use this information?
We use all of the information we have to help us provide and support our Services. Here is how:
- a. remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- b. provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- c. To help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- d. monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- e. diagnose or fix technology problems;
- f. develop and test new products and features; and
We may use your information that you provide with explicit consent for marketing purposes to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
How is this information shared?
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside VHL B.V..
Change of control
Legal requests and preventing harm
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Safety and security
VHL B.V. has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures by using the latest technologies to protect your information against loss or unlawful processing. We use safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, VHL B.V. cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to VHL B.V. or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We request you to do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and VHL B.V., at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
In accordance with the law, VHL B.V. does not retain data any longer than is required for attaining the purposes for which they were collected.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Inspection and correction
If you wish to know which of your data VHL B.V. has recorded or if you wish to amend or remove data that you cannot amend via your account, please contact VHL B.V..
Third-party applications, websites and services
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How to contact us